Welcome under the wings of the lion.
The Generali insurance company is part of the Generali Group, one of the largest global providers of insurance and asset management. With almost 200 years of tradition, we are the leading insurance group in Europe. We employ almost 71,000 people in 50 countries and cooperate with 61 million clients around the world.
The Generali insurance company has been active in Slovenia for over 22 years and is the leading international insurance provider in the Slovenian market. For a number of years, we have been recognised as the top insurance company as measured by client satisfaction.
Our mission is to ensure your everyday safety. As a life-time partner, we want to stand by your side in all life situations when you need us.
We develop for you a comprehensive and high-quality range of insurance products and services. Contact us at over 300 points of sale with more than 650 insurance agents across Slovenia.
A complete set of innovative insurance and financial products and additional services provides for the safety of individuals, families and their assets. We offer tailored insurance, high-quality and modern insurance protection, consultation and quick assistance when resolving claims. Two major advantages of our insurance service are effective claims management and assistance.
- Non-life insurance encompasses a comprehensive selection of insurance and property insurance services (cars, immovable and movable property).
- Health and accident insurance provides better social and financial security in case of illness, long-term medical treatment and serious accidents, as well as quicker access to doctors and specialists. We are one of three complementary health insurance providers in Slovenia and also the longest-established, as well as being the country’s largest provider of supplementary health insurance. We have our own health assistance centre and a specialist clinic.
- Our life and pension insurance policies include various classic and investment life insurance options and tailored pension insurance so you can be secure and make savings at every stage of your life.
- Asset management and financial consultation provided by Generali Investments.
The GENERALI insurance company has been present in the Slovenian market since 1996. We concluded our first insurance contract on 1 January 1997. We were initially known as the Generali-SKB insurance company or Ljubljanska zavarovalnica. We have been operating under our current name since 2001, when the Generali insurance company of Vienna became our 100-per cent owner. In 2008, we became members of the Generali CEE Holding, and since 2006, we are the largest foreign insurance company in Slovenia as per market share. On 3 January 2020, we merged with the Adriatic Slovenica insurance company, and have since been active in the market as the GENERALI insurance company.
GENERALI zavarovalnica d.d.
Kržičeva ulica 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
T: +386 (0)1 47 57 100
F: +386 (0)1 47 57 101
Toll-free number: 080 70 77
Registration number: 5186684000
ID for VAT: SI88725324
Share capital: EUR 39,520,347.18
Number of Shares: 2.364.563
Ownership structure: Generali CEE Holding B.V. 100%
Supervision: Insurance Supervision Agency, Trg republike 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Evidence of entry in the court register: GENERALI zavarovalnica, d.d. Ljubljana was entered in the court register at Ljubljana District Court under entry no. 10981500.
Generali Investments d.o.o.
Generali Investments is the oldest and one of the leading asset management companies in Slovenia. Find more at www.generali-investments.si.
The company’s main activity is the recovery of claims, particularly with regard to judicial or insolvency proceedings. The company is successful and stable, and its main focus in the future remains the purchase of receivables from the parent company.
Ambulanta ZDRAVJE d.o.o.
The establishment and start-up of Ambulanta ZDRAVJE d.o.o. provided desired differential advantages or unique offer, enabling a partnership cooperation of the insurance company with its own health service provider, Ambulanta ZDRAVJE specialist clinic.
The foundation of the vision and business strategy of the company is to offer top health services to their insurers when they need them. Due to the establishment of the company’s own outpatient clinic, the insurers receive priority treatment according to predefined processes and have shorter waiting periods.
LEV Registracija d.o.o.
LEV Registracija d.o.o. was established in 2014 with the aim of increasing the level of customer service Generali zavarovalnica d.d. by making it easier, faster and thus more consumer-friendly to obtain and arrange all the necessary documents and procedures relating to vehicle insurance and registration. The company has an extensive business network in Slovenia, which consists of eight business units where customers are offered services or procedures related to the registration of motor vehicles and trailers.
MANAGEMENT OF THE INSURANCE COMPANY
Generali is a major player in the global insurance industry. We aim at putting clients right at the heart of our business with simpler, smarter solutions, making our distribution network more effective with a wider range of services, and becoming an even more agile, flexible and innovation-friendly company. Over almost 200 years, we have built a multinational Group that is present in more than 50 countries, with nearly 71,000 employees.
In recent years we have been through a major strategic reorganisation that has allowed us to bring in greater focus on our core business, greater discipline in the management of our assets, and simpler, more transparent governance. This process has led us into a new phase, based on more efficient business models, innovative commercial strategies, and a stronger, more global brand. We also base our investment decisions on our commitment to environmental and social sustainability.
Since the very beginning, our strong international vocation has set us apart and is one of our greatest strengths. Our geographical diversification is balanced between mature countries such as Italy, Germany and France, markets with high growth prospects (Eastern Europe), and emerging countries in Asia and Latin America.
Find out more about the countries Generali operates in (https://www.generali.com/worldtool)
Find out more about the Generali Group (www.generali.com).
VISION MISSION AND VALUES
Our Vision, Mission, Values and Code of Conduct set the basic expectations for everyone who works on behalf of Generali.
Our purpose is to actively protect and enhance people's lives
- Actively: We play a proactive and leading role in improving people’s lives through insurance.
- Protect: We are dedicated to the heart of insurance - managing and mitigating risks of individuals and institutions.
- Enhance: Generali is also committed to creating value.
- People: We deeply care about our clients’ and our people’s future and lives.
- Lives: Ultimately, we have an impact on the quality of people’s lives: wealth, safety, advice and service are instrumental in improving people’s chosen way of life for the long term.
Our mission is to be the first choice by delivering relevant and accessible insurance solutions
- First choice: Logical and natural action that acknowledges the best offer in the market based on clear advantages and benefits.
- Delivering: We ensure achievement striving for the highest performance.
- Relevant: Anticipating or fulfilling a real life need or opportunity, tailored to local and personal needs and habits perceived as valuable.
- Accessible: Simple, first of all, and easy to find, to understand and to use; always available, at a competitive price.
- Insurance solutions: We aim at offering and tailoring a bright combination of protection, advice and service.
Deliver on the promise
We tie a long-term contract of mutual trust with our people,
clients and stakeholders; all of our work is about improving
the lives of our clients.
We commit with discipline and integrity to bringing this
promise to life and making an impact within a long lasting
Value our people
We value our people, encourage diversity and invest in
continuous learning and growth by creating a transparent,
cohesive and accessible working environment. Developing
our people will ensure our company’s long term future.
Live the community
We are proud to belong to a global Group with strong,
sustainable and long lasting relationships in every market in
which we operate. Our markets are our homes.
We are curious, approachable and empowered people with
open and diverse mindsets who want to look at things from a
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct applies to all employees of Generali Group, including members of supervisory and management bodies. In addition, third parties (consultants, suppliers, agents, etc.) who act on behalf of the Group are expected to adhere to the principles set out in the Code.
The Code of Conduct sets minimum standards of behaviour to be observed and provides specific rules of conduct in relation to the following issues: promotion of diversity and inclusion, assets and business data protection, conflicts of interest, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, financial information and insider dealing, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and international sanctions.
Under the Solvency II Directive, insurance and reinsurance companies are subject to a broader review of capital requirements intended for detailed disclosure of their financial condition, business profile and risk management strategy.
The solvency and financial condition report (SFCR) is one of the documents drafted annually.